Concurrent Enrollment 

The Summit Academy South is proud to offer our students the opportunity to enroll in specific community college classes as part of the Concurrent Enrollment program (CE).  As part of CE,  students' tuition is paid by Summit Academy South. Students receive credit for these classes both at the college and high school level.


Summit South students in grades 10-12 can participate in CE at a local community college. Interested students should contact Ms. Sweeney in the spring for enrollment in the following fall-semester college courses. Students enrolled at Summit South may choose to participate as a full- or part-time student. Email Ms. Sweeney with any questions so we can set up a meeting.

Students who have participated in CE can apply for ASCENT.  This is a 5th year of high school in which students only take community college classes. The program provides free tuition to students. There is an application process through Summit. The program is competitive so please contact Ms. Sweeney about it before a student's senior year. 

Interested in Concurrent Enrollment?
  • ALL STUDENTS who are interested in Concurrent Enrollment MUST meet with Ms. Sweeney to review the program. Guidelines for the CE program can be viewed in the CE Guidelines tab below. 
    - Students must have attended at least ONE semester taking classes at Summit
    - Students must have proven their academic, organizational, and social maturity while at Summit to qualify for the CE program. 
  • ALL current or new CE students must meet each year in March or April with the Summit South CE Coordinator, Ms. Sweeney.
  • Courses to be taken at the community college must be pre-approved by Summit South.
  • Required paperwork must be turned in on time each semester. Paperwork for fall semester 2022 is due May 20th to Ms. Sweeney. 
    • Concurrent Enrollment Agreement form for the community college must be completed each semester
    • Summit Academy Promissory Note once a year
    • Summit Academy CE Family Agreement Form once a year
    • ICAP should be reviewed and updated each year to ensure student is on track to meet graduation requirements
    • Transcript should be updated each year to include classes that have been completed
    • Full-Time/Part-Time Declaration Form must be completed in September before October Count
  • Student Fees are payed by the family to the community college. CE pays for class tuition, but not student fees; colleges post their fees on their websites. Reimbursements, if applicable, will happen per the Full-Time vs Homebased document (see tab below).