Mon, Sep 13|
Cheyenne Mountain Zoo
Join us at the Zoo! All ages and family members are welcome. Cheyenne Mountain Zoo is about sharing the wonders of the natural world with kids of all ages and providing memories for a lifetime at America’s mountain Zoo, and is named #4 Best Zoo in North America by USATODAY 10Best.
Time & Location
Sep 13, 2021, 10:00 AM
Colorado Springs, 4250 Cheyenne Mountain Zoo Rd, Colorado Springs, CO 80906, USA
About The Event
Summit Academy South families (all ages and family members/friends welcome) are invited to visit the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo in Colorado Springs!
Ticket Prices (half off the regular rate!)
- Adults and children ages 12-64: $17.75
- Adults ages 65 and up: $16.75
- Children ages 3-11: $15.25
- Children under age 2: $0.75
RSVP and Payment:
- Due by Thursday, August 26th
- Pay by cash or checks made out to JASH
- Per CMZ, no refunds or exchanges will be given for inclement weather or any other reason.
- CMZ does not provide lunch transport or storage and encourages all families to carry their own lunches.
- Groups may bring wagons to carry lunches.
- Picnic tables are provided on a first-come basis around and behind the carousel.
- Zoo food/drink establishments are for their customers only and do not allow outside food inside their restaurants (this includes patios).
Other Activities Available: You can pay at the front gate or at the individual stands (cash only).
- SKY RIDE $5 for adults $4 for kids (3-11 years old) The maximum capacity per chair is four people. A chaperone is required for a student to ride the Sky Ride and must be on the same chair.
- Strollers ($13 single, $16 double) and wheelchairs ($15) are available for rent in the gift shop.
- Giraffe Feeding Experience — For $3 per bundle of food or $5 for two bundles, you can enjoy hand-feeding the giraffe. Please do not bring in outside food to feed the giraffes.
- Carousel (currently closed, due to COVID restrictions; weather dependent) — Ride the antique carousel for $2 per person. Older than most of the people who ride it, this carousel was a popular attraction at the 1932 World’s Fair. Children must be at least 48” tall to ride alone.
- Budgie Buddies Feeding Experience — For $1 you can get a seed stick to feed the birds as you stroll through our indoor aviary surrounded by more than 100 free-flight Australian birds - budgies, cockatiels and princess parrots.
- Students visiting the gift shop must be supervised and backpacks will not be allowed inside.