Cheyenne Mountain Zoo
Time & Location
About The Event
Summit Academy South families (all ages and family members/friends welcome) are invited to visit the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo in Colorado Springs!
Ticket Prices (half off the regular rate!)
- Adults and children ages 12-64: $17.75
- Adults ages 65 and up: $16.75
- Children ages 3-11: $15.25
- Children under age 2: $0.75
RSVP and Payment:
- Due by Thursday, August 26th
- Pay by cash or checks made out to JASH
- Per CMZ, no refunds or exchanges will be given for inclement weather or any other reason.
- CMZ does not provide lunch transport or storage and encourages all families to carry their own lunches.
- Groups may bring wagons to carry lunches.
- Picnic tables are provided on a first-come basis around and behind the carousel.
- Zoo food/drink establishments are for their customers only and do not allow outside food inside their restaurants (this includes patios).
Other Activities Available: You can pay at the front gate or at the individual stands (cash only).
- SKY RIDE $5 for adults $4 for kids (3-11 years old) The maximum capacity per chair is four people. A chaperone is required for a student to ride the Sky Ride and must be on the same chair.
- Strollers ($13 single, $16 double) and wheelchairs ($15) are available for rent in the gift shop.
- Giraffe Feeding Experience — For $3 per bundle of food or $5 for two bundles, you can enjoy hand-feeding the giraffe. Please do not bring in outside food to feed the giraffes.
- Carousel (currently closed, due to COVID restrictions; weather dependent) — Ride the antique carousel for $2 per person. Older than most of the people who ride it, this carousel was a popular attraction at the 1932 World’s Fair. Children must be at least 48” tall to ride alone.
- Budgie Buddies Feeding Experience — For $1 you can get a seed stick to feed the birds as you stroll through our indoor aviary surrounded by more than 100 free-flight Australian birds - budgies, cockatiels and princess parrots.
- Students visiting the gift shop must be supervised and backpacks will not be allowed inside.